Check the tabs for the latest information about NSW Strata Legislation. New information and links are added regularly. Be sure to check back to be kept up-to-date.
If you have enjoyed this state specific information page, discover more great information in our Strata Topic pages.
Strata Legislation NSW: Top 5 Ways the New Strata Reforms will Impact Your Life.
Adrian Mueller, J S Mueller & Co Lawyers
Adrian shares his ‘Top Five’ laws that will be affecting you:
- The way owners will be able to vote at strata meetings.
- Prohibition on proxy farming.
- The streamlining of the renovations process.
- Ability of Owners Corporations to put an end to undesirable habits.
- Clarification on ability to remove abandoned goods.
Adrian also addresses the changes to body corporate fines.
Most Recent NSW Strata Legislation Articles
- NSW: Cladding and the Warranty Period – How Can You Minimise Your Risk? - Your strata scheme can mitigate and minimize cladding risk by implementing by-law restrictions prohibiting the use of barbecues and smoking on balconies and other potential fire hazards such as gas lamps and other highly flammable materials, for example, artificial plants etc.
- NSW: Is Smoking a Nuisance? - A recent NCAT decision found smoke drift emanating from a lot onto a neighbouring lot is a nuisance because it is an interference with the lot owner’s use and enjoyment of the lot. This ruling indicates that smoke penetration from a lot onto another lot is potentially a nuisance and hazard. But, why?
Choose a heading and explore articles and information about the topic in relation to Strata Legislation NSW
Looking for Strata Industry Experts for New South Wales? Search within THE Strata Services Directory for the best list of strata legislation NSW contacts available.
Interested in being included in the Directory? Create your Directory Listing here.