Check your states tab for the latest information about Strata Smoking. New information and links are added regularly. Be sure to check back to be kept up-to-date.
- What can I do about neighbours smoking?
- Can I smoke on my balcony?
- How do I stop smoke drift?
If you have enjoyed this topic page, discover more great information in our other Strata Topics covered.
Leanne Habib, Premium Strata
The new NSW legislation introduced in November 2016 has recognised that smoking may cause nuisance or hazard to another person. How has this changed the rules around strata smoking apartment buildings?
Frank Higginson, Hynes Legal
QUESTION: Our complex will not do anything about residents smoking on balconies. With the Coronavirus, smoking laws need changing urgently.
Tim Graham, HWL Ebsworth Lawyers
The absence of a specific Model Rule regarding strata smoking – on common property or within lots – creates uncertainty for both occupants and owners corporations seeking to rely on the Model Rules to prevent smoke infiltration.
Most Recent Strata Smoking Articles
- QLD: Smoking in Community Titles Schemes - This article aims to provide information to owners and occupiers who may be having a dispute with someone else in their scheme about second-hand tobacco smoke drifting from somewhere else in the scheme.
- NSW: Gone are the Days of Smoking Freely! - In some states, strata committees have completely banned smoking in all areas of apartments by introducing smoke free by-laws. And… fast becoming a reality in strata living is a total ban with smoke free apartment blocks.
Our articles and Q&As about Strata Smoking issues have been arranged by State
Looking for Strata By-Law & Legislation Industry Experts in your area – someone who can help with your strata smoking issue? Search within our Strata Services Directory in the category Legal Services for the best list of contacts available.
Interested in being included in the Directory? Create your Directory Listing here.