From time to time LookUpStrata partners with industry leaders to discuss topics of interest for our NSW audience of lot owners, strata industry professionals and the broader NSW community. Regularly, these strata webinars feature Q&A sessions where the panelist/s answer NSW questions that have been submitted by our audience either leading up to or during the session.
This page serves as the placeholder for our NSW Strata Webinars. Recordings will be added as soon as possible after each event.
NSW: Annual Strata Audits and Financial Statements Webinar + Q&A | Presented in Conjunction with OCN, featuring Rod Laws and Caren Chen, Tinworth & Co – October 2021
As well as discussing what you need to know about auditing strata scheme annual accounts and financial statements, Rod and Caren also answered many questions. Just some of the information touched on:
- Information about auditor appointment, audit scope and process
- Trust Account Audit VS Strata Financial Audit
- Strata audit myths – the misconceptions owners commonly make
- Plus Much More…
As always, the presentation is followed by a short Q&A session where the panel responded to some very interesting questions submitted by our audience on the topic, such as:
- What triggers an audit?
- The value of an annual audit when you have a diligent and hands-on Treasurer
- Whether an auditor provides any proactive mitigation against the risk of strata manager fraud
- Whether the committee can have a credit card for the trust account
The presentation accompanying the session can be accessed via this link.
Find out about becoming an OCN Member here: