- What’s mine and what’s common property?
- What is the Owners Corporation required to maintain?
Check your states tab for the latest information about Strata Maintenance and Common Areas. New information and links are added regularly. Be sure to check back to be kept up-to-date.
If you have enjoyed this topic page, discover more great information in our other Strata Topics covered.
Catherine Lezer, Director SCA (NSW) and Strata Chairperson
Looking to carry out common areas improvement work in your building? Follow this case study for a step-by-step guide to success.
NSW Strata Window Safety
Peter Berney, Solutions In Engineering
Jun 2016: This edition of LookUpStrata’s Strata Snapshot Series, Peter shares his knowledge about:
- Why window safety is important
- Why the new window safety legislation has been put in place in NSW
- Who is responsible? The owner or the owners corporation?
- Why should owners corporations comply?
Most Recent Strata Maintenance and Common Areas Articles
- SA: Q&A Strata Maintenance Adelaide. Notice required for roof inspection? - Question: How much notice should my strata corporation give for a roof inspection? The presiding officer said she had no need to inform me. Is this true? I would have thought at least 48hrs notice was necessary.
- NSW: Q&A Safety Audit Report. Who is Capable For Auditing Risks We Can’t See? - Question: Our recent AGM mentioned a Safety Audit Report and we are being encouraged to appoint a consultant to prepare an audit of all those things that we cannot see! Can this be done in-house?
Our articles and Q&As about maintenance and common areas have been arranged by State
Looking for Strata Industry Experts who deal with maintenance &/or are available to service common property in your area? Search within THE Strata Services Directory for the best list of contacts available.
Interested in being included in the Directory? Create your Directory Listing here.