- What’s mine and what’s common property?
- What is the Owners Corporation required to maintain?
Check your states tab for the latest information about Strata Maintenance and Common Areas. New information and links are added regularly. Be sure to check back to be kept up-to-date.
If you have enjoyed this topic page, discover more great information in our other Strata Topics covered.
Catherine Lezer, Director SCA (NSW) and Strata Chairperson
Looking to carry out common areas improvement work in your building? Follow this case study for a step-by-step guide to success.
NSW Strata Window Safety
Peter Berney, Solutions In Engineering
Jun 2016: This edition of LookUpStrata’s Strata Snapshot Series, Peter shares his knowledge about:
- Why window safety is important
- Why the new window safety legislation has been put in place in NSW
- Who is responsible? The owner or the owners corporation?
- Why should owners corporations comply?
Most Recent Strata Maintenance and Common Areas Articles
- VIC: Q&A Expenses Recovery and Benefits of Common Property - Question: Is there a recent Victorian ruling related to expense recovery / cost allocation to the effect that the cost recovery of improvements made by the committee must only be allocated only to Lot Owners who benefit from the common property in question?
- NSW: Q&A Lockboxes for Emergency Access to Apartments - Question: What is the best way to allow emergency services to access the building without compromising the security of the building? We are looking to install lockboxes.
Our articles and Q&As about maintenance and common areas have been arranged by State
Looking for Strata Industry Experts who deal with maintenance &/or are available to service common property in your area? Search within THE Strata Services Directory for the best list of contacts available.
Interested in being included in the Directory? Create your Directory Listing here.