- How can I become involved with my strata committee?
- What is an owners corporation?
- What is a body corporate?
Check your states tab for the latest information about Strata Committee Concerns. New information and links are added regularly. Be sure to check back to be kept up-to-date.
According to Strata Community Association (NSW), here is the definition of the Committee:
- Responsible for the administration of an owners corporation. They are a group of owners elected at each Annual General Meeting who represent all the lot owners of the strata scheme and carry out duties required under the relevant laws. These include the control, maintenance and repair of the common property. The committee also has the responsibility of enforcing the by-laws of the scheme. Previously referred to as the executive committee, other references include managing committee, management committee, committee of management, or just the committee.
If you have enjoyed this topic page, discover more great information in our other Strata Topics covered.
Michael Ferrier, Eyeon Property Inspections
We have seen many cases where the Strata Committee members seem to put their own agenda ahead of the needs of the building. Where the majority of Owners are not engaged in the day-to-day running of their community, it can be very easy to influence things.
Most Recent Strata Committee Concerns Articles
- VIC: Annual General Meeting Agenda | Section 69 & 71 - In Victoria, the annual general meeting is quite prescribed. It’s important for all stakeholders to make sure that attendance is made by those who can vote at an annual general meeting.
- NSW Dispute Resolution: 6 Tips For Conflict Management - Much of my work as a strata lawyer is to help schemes resolve internal disputes. Flowing from this work are some suggestions for day to day conflict or dispute management.
Our articles and Q&As about Strata Committee Concerns have been arranged by State
Looking for Strata Committee Concerns Industry Experts in your area? Search within our Strata Services Directory in the category Legal Services for the best list of contacts available.
Interested in being included in the Directory? Create your Directory Listing here.