- What is included in strata levies?
- What are strata levies?
- Are strata levies the same as body corporate fees?
Check your states tab for the latest information about Strata Levies and the capital works fund. New information and links are added regularly. Be sure to check back to be kept up-to-date.
According to Strata Community Association (NSW), here are the definitions of:
- Levies are amounts paid into a trust account so that the scheme can fund and carry out its duties. Levies are the amounts that owners are bound by legislation to pay to the administrative fund and capital works to enable the communal management of the scheme. They are determined at the AGM via the approval of a budget and the decision of payment due dates. Each owner’s portion is determined by the lot unit entitlement as a proportion of the aggregate unit entitlement.
- Levy Arrears: The owner is in arrears if the amount owed by them has not been received into the trust account by the due date.
If you have enjoyed this topic page, discover more great information in our other Strata Topics.
Strata Levy Information Page
LookUpStrata unpacks everything strata owners need to know about strata fees, including strata fee definition, average strata fees, how to calculate strata fees, strata payments and much more.
Most Recent Strata Levies Articles
- NSW: The impact of inflation, increasing costs and the DBPA on strata in NSW - This article explores the ramifications of delaying these works, the role of inflation in escalating costs, the confusion caused by the DBPA, and potential solutions for strata communities to weather these financial and legislative challenges.
- NSW: Differential Levies: Can You? Or Can’t You? - In this case, the scheme wanted to make a special levy payable in equal instalments for each lot. This is often called a “differential levy”. So can it or can't it and if not, what may be a suitable alternative?
Our articles and Q&As about Your Strata Levies have been arranged by State
NAT Webinar: Levies – What are you really paying for?
Michael Ferrier from EYEON Property Inspections joined Nikki Jovicic from LookUpStrata in July 2022 for a webinar about strata levies. What you are really paying for and how do levies ultimately contribute to a well-run building? Michael explores the meaning of a strata levy.
Looking for Strata Specialists in your area? Search within our LookUpStrata Directory for the best list of Strata contacts available.
Interested in being included in the Directory? Create your Directory Listing here.