- Can I tow a car?
- What are our strata parking bylaws?
- Can our body corporate clamp?
- For strata parking, what are the rules around visitor parking?
Check your states tab for the latest information about Strata Parking. New information and links are added regularly. Be sure to check back to be kept up-to-date.
If you have enjoyed this topic page, discover more great information in our other Strata Topics covered.
Leanne Habib, Premium Strata
In Strata Parking, the vehicle may be moved to another less obstructive position on the common property or another lawful place off the common property. However, the car cannot legally be moved until the expiration of a period of at least five days in compliance with the removal notice.
Frank Higginson, Hynes Legal
Enforcement of by-laws is a committee issue. The difficulty is knowing who it belongs to. If it is a guest / invitee in visitor car parking – leave the car be. Adjudicators have rarely taken a liking to restrictions on the amount of a time a visitor car park can be used.
Most Recent Articles
- VIC: How Can an Owners Corporation Handle Incorrect Parking? - Parking disputes are one of the most common problems within Owners Corporations reported to strata managers. It can be immensely frustrating to have someone else park in your space or to see visitor spaces filled with resident cars.
- NSW: Q&A Renting or Selling a Parking Space in Strata Apartments - Question: Our building manager has increased our parking space rent substantial with little notice. Can they do this?
Our articles and Q&As about strata parking bylaws and solving parking issues have been arranged by State
Looking for Strata Specialists in your area? Search within our LookUpStrata Directory for the best list of Strata contacts available.