- Can I tow a car?
- What are our strata parking bylaws?
- Can our body corporate clamp?
- For strata parking, what are the rules around visitor parking?
Check your states tab for the latest information about Strata Parking. New information and links are added regularly. Be sure to check back to be kept up-to-date.
If you have enjoyed this topic page, discover more great information in our other Strata Topics covered.
Leanne Habib, Premium Strata
In Strata Parking, the vehicle may be moved to another less obstructive position on the common property or another lawful place off the common property. However, the car cannot legally be moved until the expiration of a period of at least five days in compliance with the removal notice.
Frank Higginson, Hynes Legal
Enforcement of by-laws is a committee issue. The difficulty is knowing who it belongs to. If it is a guest / invitee in visitor car parking – leave the car be. Adjudicators have rarely taken a liking to restrictions on the amount of a time a visitor car park can be used.
Most Recent Articles
- VIC: How an Owners Corporation Can Handle Incorrect Parking - Parking disputes are one of the most common problems within Owners Corporations reported to strata managers. It can be immensely frustrating to have someone else park in your space or to see visitor spaces filled with resident cars.
- NSW: Q&A Selling a Parking Space in Strata Apartments - Question: To assist residents with car parking issues in our strata we would like to rent a portion of our visitor car park bays to residents. Is this legal?
Our articles and Q&As about strata parking bylaws and solving parking issues have been arranged by State
Looking for solutions to strata parking problems in your area? Search within our Strata Services Directory in the category Legal Services, Safety & Security (inc. Parking) and Signs for the best list of strata parking contacts available.
Interested in being included in the Directory? Create your Directory Listing here.