Check your states tab for the latest information about New Strata Law Reform. New information and links are added regularly. Be sure to check back to be kept up-to-date.
If you have enjoyed this topic page, discover more great information in our other Strata Topics covered.
Allison Benson, Kerin Benson Lawyers
With the release of the draft NSW Strata Reform bills, we look at the state of play for new strata law reform across Australia.
NSW: Top 5 Ways the New Strata Reforms will Impact Your Life.
Adrian Mueller, JS Mueller & Co Lawyers
Welcome to this edition of LookUpStrata’s Strata Snapshot Series. Adrian Mueller from JS Mueller & Co Lawyers talks NSW Strata Reforms and how they will impact your life. Adrain shares his ‘Top Five’ laws that will be affecting you:
1. The way owners will be able to vote at strata meetings.
2. Prohibition on proxy farming.
3. The streamlining of the renovations process.
4. The ability of Owners Corporations to put an end to undesirable habits.
5. Clarification on the ability to remove abandoned goods.
Most Recent New Strata Law Reform Articles
- WA: The impact of imminent reforms to WA strata legislation - Time has come for property owners and strata management professionals to start preparing for the extensive changes that the reforms to WA strata legislation will deliver. SCA WA has already started gearing up to deliver a comprehensive education program for property owners and strata management professionals.
- NSW: Strata Manager Advocates and Changes to NCAT - The new Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 gives greater power to the NSW Civil Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) to hear matters. One of the unexpected outcomes has been that strata managers are being thrown into the role of solicitor.
Our articles and Q&As about New Strata Law Reform have been arranged by State
Looking for Strata Legal Services in your area? Search within our Strata Services Directory in the category Legal Services for the best list of contacts available.
Interested in being included in the Directory? Create your Directory Listing here.