Check your states tab for the latest information about New Strata Law Reform. New information and links are added regularly. Be sure to check back to be kept up-to-date.
If you have enjoyed this topic page, discover more great information in our other Strata Topics covered.
Allison Benson, Kerin Benson Lawyers
With the release of the draft NSW Strata Reform bills, we look at the state of play for new strata law reform across Australia.
NSW: Top 5 Ways the New Strata Reforms will Impact Your Life.
Adrian Mueller, JS Mueller & Co Lawyers Lawyers
Welcome to this edition of LookUpStrata’s Strata Snapshot Series. Adrian Mueller from JS Mueller & Co Lawyers Lawyers talks NSW Strata Reforms and how they will impact your life. Adrain shares his ‘Top Five’ laws that will be affecting you:
1. The way owners will be able to vote at strata meetings.
2. Prohibition on proxy farming.
3. The streamlining of the renovations process.
4. The ability of Owners Corporations to put an end to undesirable habits.
5. Clarification on the ability to remove abandoned goods.
Most Recent New Strata Law Reform Articles
- WA: Duties of a Strata Company – Refurbish, Renew or Upgrade - A new addition to the Act now permits a strata scheme in WA to “refurbish, renew or upgrade” its facilities allowing for modern upgrades to older buildings including cost saving improvements such as solar panels.
- Strata Titles Act 1985 (WA): Key Changes to Dispute Resolution - One of the areas of change in the WA Strata reforms was in simplifying the process around dispute resolution. This article looks at some of the reasons why disputes arise and how two key changes in the Act should make it easier to resolve them.
Our articles and Q&As about New Strata Law Reform have been arranged by State
Looking for Strata Legal Services in your area? Search within our Strata Services Directory in the category Legal Services for the best list of contacts available.
Interested in being included in the Directory? Create your Directory Listing here.