This website (https://www.lookupstrata.com.au) (“the Site”) is owned and operated by LookUpStrata Pty Ltd (ACN 156 529 896) (“LookUpStrata”).
We recognise the importance of protecting your personal information (“Personal Information”). We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
1. What Personal Information do we collect?
In the course of your using of the Site, we may collect your Personal Information such as your name, date of birth, address, email address, age, sex, marital status, contact details, occupation, preferences, personal interests, financial information and credit payment details for any services you purchase from us.
We may also collect the following information for marketing purposes and to improve the functionality of the Site:
- some basic information about you (e.g. your profession, your employer, your involvement in strata title matters, your experience in strata title-related work);
- your server address;
- domain name;
- the date and time of your visit to the Site;
- the pages viewed and information downloaded;
- the previous sites visited; and
- the type of browser used.
2. How do we collect your Personal Information?
We may collect your Personal Information using various means such as:
- directly from you e.g. through the Site, membership or application forms;
- from public domain e.g. your business website;
- from social media networks where we have a connection e.g. facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter;
from your business partners/associates;
- by your usage of the Site e.g. the pages that you visit, what links you click.
3. How do we use your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you
- to send information updates, marketing materials and newsletters to you
- we may disclose your Personal Information to other businesses who assist us in providing products or services or who perform functions on our behalf
- to verify your identity and membership status
- to conduct credit checks (if necessary)
- to improve our products and services, our website and directory
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you discover that the information held is incorrect you may contact us to correct the information.
4. To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties but only on a needs basis and for purposes contemplated by your use of the Site. These third parties may include:
- our agents or contractors;
- email marketing providers (e.g. MailChimp);
- our related entities;
- our professional advisers.
When we disclose your Personal Information with a third party, we will require the third party to handle your Personal Information in accordance this policy.
We strive to ensure the security of your Personal Information and we take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from:
- from misuse, interference and loss; and
- from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will review and update our physical and data security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over mobile data and communication services can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
In addition, our employees and contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by us.
We will do everything reasonably within our power and control to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from any unauthorised use or access to your Personal Information.
6. Accuracy of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information held by us largely depends on the accuracy of the information that you supplied to us. If at any time you discover that any information concerning you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us to correct the information.
From time to time, we may send emails containing marketing materials or promotions of our products and services to you. By your use of the Site, you consent to us doing so. However, you may unsubscribe from these marketing materials at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe option or by sending an email to us. We will remove you from the mailing list.
8. Access to your Personal Information and Complaints
Your privacy is very important to us and we take the matter very seriously. If you have any concerns about your privacy or how your Personal Information is being handled, please contact us at the email address at the bottom of this policy. We will take steps to address your concerns and we aim to provide you with a written response within 21 days (and in any event within 30 days). If you have a genuine reason to access your Personal Information held by us, we will give access to the information in the manner you requested, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
Sometimes, cookies may collect and store your Personal Information. We treat such information in the same manner as other Personal Information that you provide to us.
You can deactivate the cookies by resetting your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, the Site and our services may not function properly if you disable the cookies.
10. Third Party Sites
11. Contact Us
Contact Person: Nikki Jovicic
Email: [email protected]
12. Further Privacy Information
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Government, Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website.