- What permission do I need for strata pets?
- Can I have a pet in my apartment?
- Can I have a dog in my flat?
Check your states tab for the latest information about Strata Pets. New information and links are added regularly. Be sure to check back to be kept up-to-date.
If you have enjoyed this topic page, discover more great information in our other Strata Topics covered.
Allison Benson, Kerin Benson Lawyers
Apr 2017: NSW Strata Laws on Strata Pets: A strict prohibition on the keeping of pets within a strata scheme may be deemed to be invalid under the new section 139 of the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015.
For state by state information on Strata Disputes including problems due to pets living in apartments.
Most Recent Strata Pets Living in Apartments Articles
- QLD: Q&A I’ve got allergies. Can I stop my neighbour from having a dog? - Question: Our neighbour is getting a small, furry dog. I've informed our body corporate of my asthma and allergy to dogs. Can I stop the neighbour from having a dog?
- NSW: Animals and hard surface floors in strata schemes: an update - If a by-law is found to be in breach of s139(1) it may be invalidated upon application by the NCAT. Both of the by-laws regulating animals and installation of hard surface flooring contained an absolute prohibition.
Our articles and Q&As about Pets in Strata have been arranged by State
Looking for Strata By-Law & Legislation Industry Experts in your area to help with Strata Pets issues? Search within our Strata Services Directory in the category Legal Services for the best list of contacts available.
Interested in being included in the Directory? Create your Directory Listing here.