- What permission do I need for strata pets?
- Can I have a pet in my apartment?
- Can I have a dog in my flat?
Check your states tab for the latest information about Strata Pets. New information and links are added regularly. Be sure to check back to be kept up-to-date.
If you have enjoyed this topic page, discover more great information in our other Strata Topics covered.
Allison Benson, Kerin Benson Lawyers
Apr 2017: NSW Strata Laws on Strata Pets: A strict prohibition on the keeping of pets within a strata scheme may be deemed to be invalid under the new section 139 of the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015.
For state by state information on Strata Disputes including problems due to pets living in apartments.
Most Recent Strata Pets Living in Apartments Articles
- NSW: Do Not Let Sleeping Dogs Lie! Why Playing the Waiting Game Could be Your Undoing - How will you respond to the recent decision of the Court of Appeal in the Cooper case which says that a by-law prohibiting pets is invalid? Will you wait for the dust to settle before deciding what you will do?
- NSW: Strata Living and Pet By-Laws – Where Do We Stand Now? - The Appeal Panel decisions have confirmed that, in most cases, no pets by-laws are valid and enforceable. The decisions also have broader implications on other types of by-laws which prohibit conduct in a strata scheme.
Our articles and Q&As about Pets in Strata have been arranged by State
Looking for Strata By-Law & Legislation Industry Experts in your area to help with Strata Pets issues? Search within our Strata Services Directory in the category Legal Services for the best list of contacts available.
Interested in being included in the Directory? Create your Directory Listing here.