This podcast discussing strata manager duties, ways of working with your strata manager and how that could be of benefit to you is part of the Your Strata Property podcast series. This episode, Amanda Farmer talks to Reena Van Aalst, Dynamic Property Services.
Reena Van Aalst on working with your strata manager and getting the most out of your building
Key Points / Timestamps
- 00:00 — Introduction and Overview
- 01:13 – Why Good Strata management is critical for strata buildings and owners
- 01:45 – What are the qualities of a great strata manager
- 03:19 – Strata management can be a challenging gig
- 03:41 – Short case study: How Reena assisted in a building emergency with her strata management skills
- 05:33 – How a building without strata management can manage effectively
- 06:15 — A strata manager can bring the right experts at the right time during an emergency
- 06:56 – The most common challenges owners face when dealing with strata managers the best ways to overcome those challenges
- 08:58 – The various skills that a strata manager needs to call on (and why strata management isn’t a one person job)
- 09:23 – Action steps you can take to work better with your existing one (or engage an alternative manager if required)
- 11:33 – The books that had the greatest impact on Reena (and why)
- 13:02 – How to find out more about Reena and final points
- Why Is It Always About You? : The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism by Sandy Hotchkiss
- Winning by Jack Welch
- The Third Space by Dr. Adam Fraser
Play the Strata Manager Duties Podcast
Looking for Strata Managers in your area? Search within our Strata Services Directory in the category Strata / Body Corporate Manager for the best list of contacts available.
Are you interested in more information about strata manager duties and how you can work with them OR further information about legislation applicable to strata living in your state or territory? Visit our FactSheet: Owners Corporation Managers OR Strata Information Pages by State pages.
Haven’t found what you are looking for OR still have unanswered questions? Just ask….
Why are strata managers so difficult to get along with?
How strata managers effectively control strata schemes
NSW: Resolving disputes at strata meetings
Why is it important to have a licensed strata manager?