This article about statistical data relating to strata and community title schemes has been provided by Tammy Lynch, Tower Body Corporate.
The University of New South Wales, City Futures Research Centre has recently released an update and considerable statistical data relating to strata and community title schemes.
Some key data relating Queensland community title schemes:
- There are 49,850 community title schemes registered in QLD
- 48% of community title schemes were registered since 2000
- Approximately 357,000 or 7% of Queensland’s 4.8 million residents live in community title schemes.
Tenure of the lots in community title schemes:
- 47% of people living in apartments are renting
- 12% of apartments are owned outright
- 11% of owners have a mortgage
- 18% of lots are unoccupied
- 12% of lots could not be categorised into any of the above.
Household types are broken down as follows:
- Lone person 38
- Couple – no children 24%
- Couple – with children 8%
- Group household 10%
- Single parent 7%
- Other 14%
Age group categories of people in community title schemes:
- 12% of residents are under 20 years
- Other46% of residents are between 20 – 39 years
- Other21% of residents are between 40 – 59 years; and
- Other21% of residents are over 60.
View the full ‘Australasian Strata Insights 2020 Report & Infographics’.
This post appears in the September 2020 edition of The QLD Strata Magazine.
Have a question about statistical data relating to strata and community title schemes or something to add to the article? Leave a comment below.
This article is not intended to be personal advice and you should not rely on it as a substitute for any form of advice.
- QLD: Sinking Fund Forecasts in the Time of COVID
- QLD: COVID-19 Emergency Response Measures for Financial Management of Bodies Corporate
- QLD: Q&A COVID-19 Strata Regulations & Government Announcements
Looking for strata information concerning your state? For state-specific strata information, try here.