This article about round 1 of City of Sydney Grants For Better Buildings has been provided by Sustainability Programs, City of Sydney.
Round 1 of City of Sydney’s Grants Program: Better Buildings are Now Open – Closing 9 March 2020
Round 1 of City of Sydney’s grants program opened 5 February. The City provides funds to reduce carbon emissions, save water and cut operating costs in buildings.
Recipients can commission energy and/or water action plans providing them with:
- clear, costed recommended projects
- payback periods
- estimated operational savings
Funding is also available for monitoring and measuring equipment. Many residential apartments can enjoy significant savings on their energy and water bills from introducing sub-metering and data loggers to help them identify leaks and anomalies.
Apply for a City of Sydney grant to:
- Understand how and where energy, water or waste is used in your building
- Get costed efficiency options and a clear plan to help you prioritise building tune-ups and upgrades
- Identify easy steps to reduce ongoing operational costs by up to 20%
- Benchmark and communicate performance with a NABERS, Earth Check or Green Star performance rating and action plan.
Environmental initiatives are supported by a number of grants and sponsorships from the City of Sydney.
City of Sydney provides grants up to $15,000 to help you better understand and implement cost saving opportunities in your office, apartment, or hotel/events building.
Applicants commit to investing a minimum amount of their own funds to implement cost effective opportunities.
Grant round 1
- Applications open: 5 February 2020
- Applications close: 9 March 2020
- Project timeframe: 1 August 2020–31 July 2021
- Recommendations to Council: 29 June 2020
Applications close 9 March.
Have a question about City of Sydney Grant or something to add to the article? Leave a comment below.
- NAT: Internet of Things in Strata – Point of View
- NSW: How To Remove a Disruptive Lot Owner from the Committee
This post appears in Strata News #315.