This article changes to the Strata Building Bond Scheme Portal has been provided by Daniela Terruso, JS Mueller & Co.
Do you know?
NSW Fair Trading has now provided an additional specialist resource to assist with the implementation of the Strata Building Bond and Inspections Scheme (SBBIS).
You may remember that Strata Building Bond and Inspections Scheme began on 1 January 2018 and applies to:
- Building contracts executed from this date
- Buildings with no written contract
- Building works that commence from this date
- Construction of residential or partially-residential strata properties that are four or more storeys high
At any time before the occupation certificate is issued developers can register to use the portal to:
- Enter project details
- Upload documents as they become available, at anytime
PLEASE NOTE: These documents should reflect the completed building just before any occupation certificate is issued (not the start of the build).
Owners Corporations and Strata Managers
Owners Corporations who are eligible should familiarise themselves with the portal to access information if and when needed. You may also refer to this information specifically developed for owners corporations and strata managers.
For any portal assistance, you may call 13 32 20 (8:30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday) or email [email protected] or refer to more details online about the Strata Building Bond and Inspections Scheme here.
- NSW: Cladding Update – Lacrosse Tower Fire Decision: The Importance of Statutory Warranties
- Managing the Cladding Crisis: aluminium composite panel (ACP)
- NSW: Does Your Strata Scheme Have Combustible Cladding? The Top 3 Items to Review Now
- NSW: Strata Building Bond and Inspections Scheme Process Map
This post appears in Strata News #248
This article has been republished with permission from the author and first appeared on the JS Mueller & Co Website.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is provided for your personal information only. It is not meant to be legal or professional advice nor should it be used as a substitute for such advice. You should seek legal advice for your specific circumstances before relying on any information herein. Contact JS Mueller & Co for any required legal assistance.
Have a question or something to add to the article? Leave a comment below.