This podcast featuring Michael Teys about strata living disputes is part of Amanda Farmer’s Your Strata Property podcast series.
How To Improve And Model Behaviour In Strata Communities
Key Points / Timestamps
- 00:24 – Intro and Overview
- 01:53 – Why it is important for people to learn to behave while living together in Strata communities
- 04:05 – What a well behaved and reasonable Strata entity looks like
- Has a good leadership
- Has fair expectations of its Strata managers and contractors
- Has documented rules and procedures
- 05:27 – The two keys to creating an ideal budget for a Strata building
- Data oriented and specific
- Easily explained with no ambiguity
- 06:12 – The role of Strata managers and committee members in Strata community leadership
- 07:50 – Strata managers must set very clear expectations with the Strata Committee
- 09:46 – A 5-Step framework on how to assess if a Strata committee is being unreasonable
- Is the by-law really necessary?
- Does it conform to modern social and broader community standards?
- Does the proposal provide options or alternatives for individual behaviour?
- Is it practical and enforceable?
- Is it lawful?
- 11:26 – By-laws are about having a discussion of what is acceptable and what is not for Strata community
- 13:14 – Michael Teys shares a story on how his skills and knowledge in Strata helped a Strata buildings
- 15:19 – Some key tips on how to resolve issues within Strata community
- 16:48 – Key challenges Strata buildings face around improving their behaviour in strata communities and how to overcome them
- 18:49 – A common purpose is important in building a relationship within Strata community
- 19:47 – Key actions/quick wins listeners can take from this episode in improving behaviour in strata communities
- 22:24 – Books that have a significant impact to Michael Teys and why
- 25:43 – How listeners find out more about Michael Teys
- 26:16 – Wrap up and Thank you
- Growing Up – How Strata Title Bodies Might Learn to Behave
- Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t
- The Balanced Scorecard: Translating Strategy into Action
Play the strata living disputes podcast
Your Strata Property – the podcast for property owners looking for reliable, accurate and bite-sized information from an experienced and authoritative source.
This post appears in Strata News #102
Are you interested in more information about strata living disputes OR further information about legislation applicable to strata living in your state or territory? Visit our FactSheet: Strata Committee Concerns OR Strata FactSheets by States pages.
The photo associated with this post has been supplied by Flickr: Dave Fayram- Business Meeting.